Sunday, August 16, 2009

Vicarious Living

I just heard from my friend Meredith who is leaving Eastern Europe after over a month of incredible adventures. Meredith won a travel grant from Wash U at graduation and she used the money to fund a trip to Russia, where she continued her thesis exploration of illustrating abandoned buildings, and let me tell you, the girl is a fearless explorer! She crawled through abandoned water parks and snuck into an abandoned children's hospital filled with remnants of Soviet life, including photos of deformed children and Communist stars. Meredith has yet to post any of her own pictures due to time constraints, yet being a diligent facebook stalker, I went through all of her traveling companion's pictures and was completely awed by how incredible these sites were. I can't wait to hear more of her stories!
In the meantime, I'm going to keep an eye on her blog and enjoy these lovely previews I stole from my professor DB Dowd's blog!
PS I can't even begin to tell you how incredibly jealous I am of her travels! I wish I were somewhere traveling the world!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, the thrill of living vicariously through Meredith. I can certainly relate.

    ReplyDelete